Shellac/Gelish Gel Overlay is one component of nail treatment that strengthens and promotes the growth of natural nails. These Gels maintain your natural nails in a healthy way allowing them to grow and strengthen below. The gel provides a thin but strong natural looking overlay. A choice of either permanent nail colour, or a French finish is available, both which last for weeks without wearing or chipping off, provided that our after-care advice is followed.
Shellac and Gelish are very much similar in the healthy approach of promoting the growth of natural nails. According to the manufacturer’s guide, Shellac lasts up to 2 weeks and Gelish lasts up to 3 weeks depending on client’s nail condition and lifestyle.
With Gelish products, we have the option of Gelish Sculpting Gel giving you the extra length using the sculpting form or Gelish Structure Gel for gel overlay on natural nails to help strengthen the weak, brittle nails preventing them from splitting and peeling.
Shellac/Gelish/Gel After- Care Advice
Shellac/Gelish/Gel can only be healthy on the nails if the application approach does not involve direct filing on the nail surface. In addition, take off procedure must follow professional approach using Foil Wrap with cotton and solution. For short, splitting and peeling nails, extra care is necessary for gel colour to last compared to other healthy nail condition.
As a certified Gel Provider, we can guarantee you a professional approach to our application, maintenance and take off processes. The following advice ensures your long lasting Shellac/Gelish/Gel Service. We cannot be held responsible for your Shellac/Gelish/Gel guarantee if you fail to follow the advice given below
- Never pick or peel Shellac/Gelish/Gel off as this can cause damage to the natural nail
- Wear rubber gloves when you do any wash up or cleaning jobs because Shellac/Gelish can absorb bleaches and detergents, causing the gel to lift, so wearing gloves will keep them looking freshly manicured for longer
- Use cuticle oil at least twice a day to keep your cuticle moisturised and healthy (especially at night before going to bed)
- Chlorine may lift Shellac/Gelish Gel in severe cases. Wait 24 hours after application before swimming
- Always rinse your hands thoroughly after swimming to remove chlorine
- Sun Tan Cream might also lift Shellac/Gelish Gels - wash hands thoroughly after applying or avoid sun tan cream to touch directly on your nail bed.
- Insect repellent can also lift Shellac/Gelish Gel after prolonged use, try to avoid having it touched on your Shellac/Gelish nails.
Thank you for your cooperation. Bella Spa team
Consultation on Spa Pedicure Service at Bella Spa
£16 Standard Pedicure includes file, shape, cuticle work, colour or French finish with a complimentary mini foot massage
£35 Spa Pedicure Service includes the use of our spa & massage chair, soaking feet in mineral water, file, shape, cuticle work, hard skin removal using the Callus Gel Removal, Foot Scrub, Foot Exfoliation, Colour or French Finish, a Complimentary Foot Massage & Cuticle Oil Treatment.
At Bella Spa, your spa pedicure service involves the use of Callus Removal Gel, kindly read this information carefully for your benefits.
What is it & Benefits of Callus Removal Gel?
It is a unique formula blending plant and marine extracts with minerals to deeply penetrate and soften tough, stubborn calluses and thick, dry skin.
Callus Removal Gel smoothes roughness as it softens, prepares, and conditions calluses for quick file removal.
Removing calluses from the feet may eliminate pain, and can also help reduce the chance that your feet will crack and become infected.
Instantly, your feet feel softer, more supple and comfortable. Callus removal treatment should greatly improve the appearance and texture of the calluses, effectively removing them gradually over time.
As one of the most common callus removal ingredients, salicylic acid helps to soften and wear down calluses. Once the skin is softened, it becomes much easier to remove the callus using a pumice stone or a foot file.
This method of callus gel removal is a more hygiene, gentle and effective alternative to a traditional callus shaver with the razor blade.
Kindly sit still while the callus removal gel is applied on your feet to avoid the active ingredients of salicylic acid from coming into contact with your delicate surrounding skin.
Why is Callus Removal Gel needed for your pedicure?
Areas of tough, thick skin are known as calluses and most commonly occur on parts of the body where excessive friction or pressure occurs. Calluses are definitely not a desirable skin trait, but it is often possible to treat them if professional instruction is followed.
Most times calluses can be removed easily and effectively with the right products so you can enjoy soft and smooth skin. The success rate and ease of callus removal typically depends on the size and thickness of the callus as well as its location and the amount of time it’s been there. With a little patience and determination it is possible to remove the calluses.
How is it used?
Soak feet in warm water for at least 15 minutes to soften the skin. Apply gel deliberately on callused skin only, then wrapped the feet. The gel is allowed time to soak into the calluses and then the calluses are filed away gently with a pumice stone or a skin smoothing file. The feet are then washed thoroughly with water.
Various Causes of Calluses
Calluses most commonly occur on the hands and feet where your body experiences continual pressure or friction, namely sports, exercise, and regular activities involving tools or similar equipment. Shoes that rub or those that are just a bit too tight also have the ability to inflict calluses on your feet.
You can often prevent calluses with proper foot care. This includes not wearing shoes that are too tight or that don't fit properly, and regularly exfoliating and moisturizing your feet.
Lycon Intimate Waxing After Care
It is important to treat the skin properly after waxing as it can be a little sensitive. It is recommended not to have hot showers or baths up to 24 hours following waxing. It is also best not to use cosmetics or strong perfumes or deodorants for the same period.
Between waxing appointments, gentle exfoliation using a rough cloth, followed by an application of one of our new soothing skin repair products, greatly helps to reduce ingrown hairs.
Ingrowing hairs??? Any tips for avoiding the pesky little blighters?
Exfoliate! I would suggest a scrub or a buffing cloth for larger areas such as legs, arm and backs.
For smaller more intimate areas I would suggest using an ingrown hair product daily such as Lycon’s Ingrown X-it. This product has active ingredients such as salicylic acid and lactic acid which will ‘eat away’ at the dead skin cells and unclog the pores to give a deeper exfoliation.
LVL after care
However we do recommend using our Nouveau Lashes Conditioning Serum at home to help nourish and strengthen lashes and keep them looking healthy. Ultimately, this means you can enjoy the effects of your LVL Enhance treatment for longer. To keep your lashes looking blacker than black, return to the salon after 4 weeks to top up your tint.
- For the first 24 hours after your treatment it’s important not to allow water to come in to contact with your lashes
- For 2 days afterwards do not steam your face, use a steam bath, swim or wash your face with hot water
- Do not use waterproof mascara
- Use oil free make-up remover if mascara is worn (only use a water-based mascara)
- Do not attempt to perm or use lash curlers on Nouveau Lashes extensions
- Don’t rub your eyes when washing your face - always pat the lashes dry after cleansing
- Ensure lashes are not manipulated into different positions (e.g. when sleeping, cleansing the face, applying moisturizer or cosmetics)
Can I go swimming after LVL treatment?
You cannot get your lash extensions wet for the first 24 hours for LVL Enhance. However, to keep your lashes looking their best we do recommend avoiding full submersion of the lash in water (through activities such as swimming) for the first 48 hours or for extended periods of time.
Can I have LVL Enhance if I am pregnant?
We recommend that anyone pregnant does not have the LVL Enhance treatment.
HD Brows Aftercare
To keep your HD Brows looking salon perfect every day, proper care and maintenance is required.
Follow your stylist's recommendations, and avoid tweezing in between appointments.
- Avoid the use of make-up and facial cleansers other than HD Brows branded products around the brow area for the next 24 hours.
- Avoid prolonged contact with direct sunlight, the use of sunbeds, saunas, steam-rooms and swimming pools for 24 hours after the procedure.
- Avoid exfoliators and anti-ageing products around the brow area for 3 days either side of the treatment.
- It is advisable not to use any fake tanning products on the face for around 2 or 3 days either side of the treatment. If you do wish to use a fake tanning product on your face, apply a barrier to the hair and small area around the brow prior to tanning, to prevent discoloration of your tint.
- Remember your results will be darker and more defined immediately after your treatment. Make-up is not permanent and tint will fade depending on the frequency of cleansing.
- You must inform your HD Brows Stylist immediately should you experience any prolonged swelling, itchy rash, bruising, skin grazing or cuts so they can advise you on the correct procedure to follow.
Eyelash extension Aftercare
- Do not cleanse eyes, shower, swim, use a steam or dry sauna for 24 hours for proper bonding.
- Avoid heat treatments like saunas and sunbeds.
- Always be gentle with lashes. Try not to sleep on them.
- Do not use an eyelash curler.
- Avoid all oil-based makeup products and eye-makeup remover.
- Avoid waterproof mascara.
- Touch ups are recommended every 2-4 weeks
- Get them removed by a professional
- Never pick at them, if a lash is out of place cut it instead or brush them.